AudioSpike - The free Software Tool for Electrophysiological Measurements using Audio Interfaces
AudioSpike is a free open source software package for electrophysiological measurements using acoustical stimulation
for Microsoft® Windows®. Instead of using proprietary hardware to record electrode signals
AudioSpike uses standard sound cards for acoustcial stimulation and recording electrode signals. The
recorded spikes can be evaluated using multichannel cluster analysis and PSTH selection in realtime.
Interfaces from/to MATLAB® and GNU Octave respectively for setting up the measurement tasks and
reading raw measurement data and evaluation data back into the workspace are shipped with AudioSpike.
Take advantage of
- multichannel spike detection (recording)
- multichannel acoustical stimulation
- real-time GUI interfaces for spike selection, cluster analysis, PSTH, vector strength and much more
- Special search modes with realtime spiketrain and spike visualization
- calibration and frequency equalisation interfaces
- in-situ calibration procedure
- no proprietary hardware required: use standard sound cards for spike recording
- interfaces from/to MATLAB®/Octave
- support for offline analysis: re-analyze spike trains after setting new detection thresholds,
cluster selections ...
AudioSpike is open source: load the full version and/or source code from the Download
For detailed information refer to the Info
section. For a list of some references please click here